Supporters of an Affordable Care Act mandate that requires religious business people to violate their beliefs were out in full force this morning at the U.S. Supreme Court.
The high court heard arguments in Sebelius v. Hobby Lobby Stores, which pits Obamacare against small businesses seeking to preserve personal and religious freedom.
Here’s a look at some of the most nonsensical and ridiculous signs and participants at Tuesday’s rally.
1. “Hobby Lobby: This Uterus Is For You”
2. “Pro-Life? Eating Raped Murdered Animals Makes U A Hypocrite”
3. “Sex is Beautiful ♥ Reproduction is Optional”
4. Birth control costume in a poncho.
5. “Ho, ho! Hey, hey! Birth control is here to stay!”
Chant sheet for Planned Parenthood rally at Supreme Court on Hobby Lobby cases pic.twitter.com/vJH4d08auM— Alison Howard (@alisonhoward1) March 25, 2014
6. “Keep Your Hobbies Off My Ovaries!”
7. “Not My Doctor” (Picture of Donald Trump)
8. “If Men Could Get Pregnant, Birth Control Would Be From Gumball Machines and Bacon Flavored”
9. “I ♥ Birth Control — This is Personal”
10. “My Mom’s Not Ready to be a Grandma”
11. “Thing I want to do before having a baby: graduate college; land my dream job; meet Beyoncé”
12. “Bigotry disguised as ‘Religious Liberty’ . . . is still BIGOTRY!”
13. “Your Religion Should Never Control My Body”
14. “This Is Not a Healthcare Plan. [Holy Bible]“
“Keep the boardroom out of my bedroom.” Planned Parenthood Supreme Court rally on Hobby Lobby/Conestoga Woods pic.twitter.com/rkQmDX5bGt— Alison Howard (@alisonhoward1) March 25, 2014
— Andrew Johnson is an editorial associate at National Review Online.