We’ve learned something edifying from MSNBC this season: Audiences would rather tune in to early-morning cartoons and ’90s reruns than watch Ronan Farrow.
As the New York Daily News
reported on Monday, MSNBC’s wunderkind is in a ratings no-man’s-land and could be looking at getting booted off the air in his first month, à la Alec Baldwin. Despite his often-touted diplomatic and academic experience, audiences are changing the dial to watch children’s shows or stoner-friendly cartoons rather than Farrow’s reports on Bronies or on President Obama’s popularity in Kenya. As the Daily News
noted, Ronan Farrow Daily
trails behind 8 a.m.
reruns of the Golden Girls
and midnight airings of Baggage
, a dating show on the Game Show Network.
Below are shows that drew more viewers than Farrow did on Wednesday, March 26, when he received 312,000 total viewers:
1. Hangin’ with Mr. Cooper reruns, Nick at Nite at 6 a.m., 770,000 viewers
2. South Park, Comedy Central at 9 p.m., 784,000 viewers
3. Ben 10: Omniverse, Cartoon Network at 7 a.m., 861,000 viewers
4. Baby Daddy, ABC Family at 8:30 p.m., 901,000 viewers
5. The Amazing World of Gumball, Cartoon Network at 6 a.m., 972,000 viewers
6. Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Cartoon Network at 1:15 a.m., 997,000 viewers
7. Squidbillies, Cartoon Network at 1 a.m., 1.1 million viewers
8. American Dad reruns, TBS at 2 a.m., 1.2 million viewers
9. Paw Patrol, Nickelodeon at 8:30 a.m., 1.6 million viewers
10. Team Umizoomi, Nickelodeon at 9:30 a.m., 1.6 million viewers
— Andrew Johnson is an editorial associate at National Review Online.