Final Four: Florida, Michigan State, Indiana, Gonzaga.
Final Two: Michigan State, Gonzaga.
Winner: Michigan State.
– Doug Holtz-Eakin is president of the American Action Forum.
Ohio State (2).
– Jason Epstein writes for NRO’s Right Field blog.
My final four are Louisville, OSU, North Carolina, and Indiana.
I’m a diehard TarHeels fan. Go to Hell, Dook!
– Hadley Heath is a senior policy analyst at the Independent Women’s Forum.
JOHN J. MILLER
I’m a total homer: Michigan will wake up from its late-season slump and win its first championship since 1989. Go Blue!
– John J. Miller is national correspondent for National Review, director of the Dow Journalism Program at Hillsdale College, and the author of The Big Scrum: How Teddy Roosevelt Saved Football.
I like Indiana and whoever is playing Notre Dame (that’s really a football preference, still . . . ). So: East: Indiana. South: Michigan. West: Ohio State. Mid-West: Michigan State. Big Ten is to basketball what the SEC is to football.
– Geoffrey Norman writes about sports for a number of publications.
My late father — who was buried in an Ohio State tie and cap — would haunt me forever if I didn’t pick the Buckeyes, so I’m going scarlet and gray in the West. My next two picks are driven by my dad as well. In the Midwest, I like Duke: “Duke” was my dad’s nickname. In the South, I like Michigan because my dad would have hoped for Michigan vs. Ohio State in the championship. Finally, in the East, I’ll go with Miami. As I’m a Hurricane-by-marriage, I’ve watched them all year and think their proverbial Cinderella season has a little more life left in it.
But my dad was also known to utter every year, “I think these kids would be better off in class rather than taking the month off for this.” Some words of wisdom to consider as the country goes bonkers over a bunch of basketball games.
– Greg Pollowitz writes for NRO’s Right Field blog.