Cheer Up! Romney Rebounding in Swing States
Breaking from Quinnipiac this morning:
Riding the voter perception that he is as good as or better than President Barack Obama at fixing the economy, Republican challenger Mitt Romney catches up with the president in Florida and Ohio, two critical swing states, while the president opens an 8-point lead in Pennsylvania, according to a Quinnipiac University Swing State Poll released today.
• Florida: Romney with 44 percent to Obama’s 43 percent, too close to call;
• ; Ohio: Obama with 44 percent to Romney’s 42 percent, too close to call;
• Pennsylvania: Obama tops Romney 47 – 39 percent.
Also note these two questions:
15. The Supreme Court has heard a challenge to the health care law. Do you want the Supreme Court to uphold the health care law or overturn it?
FL OH PA
Uphold it 38% 37% 43%
Overturn it 51 51 46
DK/NA 11 12 11
11. Do you think the United States economy is in a recession now?
FL OH PA
Yes 70% 67% 69%
No 26 31 28
DK/NA 4 3 4