That Policy Exchange report on the availability of extremist literature at U.K. mosques is worth taking a look at. Among the report’s findings:
- Most of the extremist literature is published and distributed by agencies linked to the Saudi Arabian government.
- Some of the most high-profile and prestigious mosques in Britain are among the worst offenders; in many of them, it is openly available.
- Separatist literature is distributed at the East London Mosque – which is closely associated with the Muslim Council of Britain (which purports to be the main body representing British Muslims).
And here are some of the ideas being propagated:
- “[Wage] Jihad against a tyrant, oppressors, people of bid’ah [Muslim reformers], or wrongdoers. This type of jihad is best done through force if possible.”
- “The Jews and the Christians are the enemies of the Muslim.”
- “Whoever changes his religion, kill him.”
- Many of the publications encourage British Muslims to segregate themselves from non-Muslims. So-called unbelievers are to be treated as second-class and avoided wherever possible.
- There are also repeated calls for gays to be thrown from mountains and tall buildings and for women to be subjugated.
- Among the literature available are extracts from the notorious anti-Semitic forgery, The Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion (published by the Saudi Ministry of Education), and other publications peddling bizarre conspiracy theories alleging that birth control is a plot against Muslims and Arabs.