(Thanks to Ali Alfoneh for his assistance in compiling)
- Elham: Unrestricted distribution of gasoline to Iranian commuters [and end to rationing] not in the interest of the nation right now.”
- Iranian parliamentarian Mahmoud Farahani at the joint summit of the government and the parliament on inflation and rising prices: “As long as the government does not pay attention to economic theory, the prices will rise…”
- Ahmadinejad: “Some [economists and critics of the government's economic policies] provoke the economy by talking of ‘expected level of inflation.’” [scroll to very top].
- Ahmadinejad: “Substantial part of next year’s national budget to be directed to rural development.”
- Minister of Labor: “The plan to send 100,000 unemployed workers overseas has been unsuccessful.”
- Member of the health commission of the Iranian parliament: “Public health has never been a priority in Iran.”
- For the first time, health officials of the Islamic Republic admit that hazardous sexual behavior is one of the main agents of spread of AIDS in Iran.
Society, Culture, and Religion
Photo of the Day