(Thanks to Ali Alfoneh for his assistance in compiling)
- Report of “Sixteen spy agencies robs the United States of any excuse to engage in a military adventure against Iran.”
- English-language Iranian take on the NIE, here and here.
- The German government opposes unilateral EU sanctions against Iran.
- Ahmadinejad at the GCC Summit in Doha presents a 12-point proposal ranging from expansion of economic ties and tourism, to environmental and security cooperation.
- In English, here.
- “Magnanimity of the Iranian president and the honor he has shown to an organization bearing the false name of the Gulf should be rewarded by an end to false territorial claims against Iran,” writes Tabnak, in reference to the United Arab Emirates-Iran territorial dispute with regard to three islands in the Persian Gulf, and Iran’s objection to the removal of the “Persian” from “Gulf.”
- Ahmadinejad: “United Nations Security Council’s composition is not just.”
- Iran-Canada relations worsen as the Islamic Republic declares Canadian ambassador to Tehran persona non grata.
- President of Turkmenistan: “Iran is the true friend and the reliable partner of Turkmenistan.”
- Mehdi Karrubi, former speaker of the Iranian parliament, visits China.
- Ahmadinejad proposes formation of International Islamic Court to punish international criminals.
- Former Iranian parliamentarian, Ahmad Shirzad ridicules Moscow’s promises to finish Bushehr nuclear reactor.
Religion, Society, and Culture
Economy and Trade
- Ali Zadsar, member of the judicial committee of the Iranian parliament: “No one can acquit [former nuclear negotiator] Mousavian of guilt [in the espionage case against him] before a trial.”
- Hossein Razzaghi, newly-released from prison: “The thought of a ’velvet revolution’ in Iran is a conspiracy theory which only serves the purpose of exerting greater control of the civil society.”
- Didar unveils a U.S. conspiracy to topple the government of the Islamic Republic by means of a ’Velvet Revolution,’ accuses reformist news agencies and newspapers of receiving “$75 million.”
Human Rights and Labor
- Family of imprisoned human rights and civil-society activist Emad al-Din Baghi meet Grand Ayatollah Hossein-Ali Montazeri and Ayatollah Sanei to seek advice.
Photo of the Day