- Mohammad-Hossein Ansari-Fard, spokesman of the Agricultural Jihad, claims that “Iran will not purchase a single kilogram of grain from the United States.”
- Iraqi president Jalal Talabani: “Iran and the U.S. desire to reach an agreement with regard to the security situation in Iraq and the Iranians are ready to improve relations with the United States…When Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad visited Baghdad, he informed us of his intention to negotiate with the Americans unconditionally to solve all the problems…From a high ranking Iranian official we heard that Iran is also interested in negotiation and exchange of views with the U.S. aiming at solving problems with regard to Afghanistan, Lebanon, Iraq and Palestine…The Iranians understand the necessity of U.S. presence in Iraq until 2011.”
- The U.S. government allows American Iranian Council headed by Houshang Amirahmadi to open an office in Tehran.
- The Supreme Leader adds that “this generation of Palestinians will witness the decisive debacle of the Zionist regime…”
- Raja News accuses Mossad of the bomb explosion in Damascus.
Military and Security
Religion, Culture, and Society
- Bandar Abbas Municipality inaugurates a matchmaking bureau for local youth.
- Khorramshahr governor Mohammad-Reza Amol-Zadeh says 500 pilgrims cross the Shalamcheh border crossing with Iraq on daily basis.
- Ayatollah Shabestari representative of the Supreme Leader in East Azerbaijan province warns the public against “spread of Satanism” in Iran.
- Amir Kabir Technical University’s independent student claims the new plans for reforming the university law in the Islamic Republic prohibits female students to study at universities in other than their city of residence.
- Tabnak News Agency slams Iraqi president Jalal Talabani’s statements that “the Iraqi sources of emulation do not believe in Velayat-e Faqih [Guardianship of the Jurist] which is an Iranian theory.”
- Tabnak News Agency publishes Al-Zaman’s (London) report on thousands of Iraqis who were expelled from Iraq in the beginning of the 1980′s and received Iranian ID’s, and thousands of Iranian citizens who sought refuge in Iraq and now possess Iraqi IDs.
Human Rights and Labor
Photos of the Day