Some readers are less pessimistic than we, here at the Corner seem to be about the debate in general. As always, it is the job of a conservative to expect the worst and hope to be wrong.
There is still time for the McCain Campaign to embrace the surround, engulf, put him entirely on the defensive strategy I offered yesterday, here. In the worst case, it would be a good idea, at the end of a long career of service, including combat service, for Senator McCain to go down fighting. Rev it up, guys.
A marketing executive/reader sends the following advice for follow-up by the campaign, to compensate for what wasn’t said:
As a professional marketer, I can say that McCain doesn’t need a major event on Obama’s radical associates, he needs a multi-pronged coordinated marketing campaign on this. My suggestion:
1. Title the campaign “Barack Obama’s Neighborhood”
2. Run 30 second television spots and Youtube ads in a serial format – i.e Day 1 in the Neighborhood, Day 2 ” ” “. Each day introduce a new, shady associate.
3. End ads with a pointer to a slick separate website domain with more info. The kind of website that television shows and movies have, not politicians. Multimedia heavy – downloadable screen savers, viral e-cards, games (i.e. virtual card deck game with shady associates)
4. Run web flash ads with same themes, drive traffic to website in #2.
5. Have Palin reference campaign every day when she is doing her thing.