Maria Cino, a candidate for chair of the Republican National Committee, releases the fourth plank of her platform today. The focus is the state parties’ get-out-the-vote programs. Here are the key elements:
Consult and plan with state parties
· Request state parties and territories to submit, in April 2011,18-month Victory Plans with their expected needs for the 2011/2012 cycle. Then we will work with state parties to develop monthly milestones. Our credo will be: No one shall fail.
· Establish joint state Victory accounts to raise the money necessary to establish and fund successful state party Victory programs.
· Implement Victory pilot programs in 2011 in Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, New Jersey and Virginia for gubernatorial and state legislative races.
Provide necessary grassroots resources
· Enhance and create state-of-the-art Voter Vault with accurate, updated, valuable data.
· Implement a dedicated nationwide voter registration effort, and expand the Party by bringing in new voters that share our values and beliefs.
· Reinvigorate and update the 72-hour GOTV program, with enhanced absentee programs and newly developed early voter programs to match the new reality of “Election Days” that last for weeks.
· Conduct national training and deploy a new generation of grassroots GOTV campaign and fundraising activists.
· Institute more structure in field operations, with earlier ground efforts and additional volunteer and resource support.
· Develop and implement solid coalition plans that educate and energize our traditional conservative base for Republican candidates in 2011 and 2012.