Okay, I’m back. Had to return for the Screenplay awards, both of which I’m planning to win in the next couple of years.
- Love the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel. Wish I lived there, but I’m not all that far away, and a hack screenwriter can dream, can’t he?
- Rooting for True Grit across the board — best picture and everything. Let’s see:
- Whoops! Wrong again, Kahane. Social Network wins Best Adapted. Aaron Sorkin wins. I hate him. Aaron, let’s have lunch. I’m on Facebook.
- Okay, Original up next — my pick: The King’s Speech, but it’s up against hot lesbians.
- Got one right — great to see David Seidler, who looks like he might have worked on Gone With the Wind. There’s hope for codgers all over town now.
- Yeah, right. Good thing I’m still under, you know, whatever.
- “Just got a text message from Charlie Sheen” — line of the night so far. Jimmy Franco was never lovelier.
- Best Foreign Language Film. In a Better World. Does anybody ever see any of these movies from countries no one’s ever heard of? I mean, where the heck is Denmark, anyway?
- Best Supporting Actor — it’s Boston’s night, so it’s gotta be Christian Bale or Jeremy Renner, no? Or are the Brits and the colonials going to clean our clocks?
- Told ya — Bale, the pride of Lowell, sort of. First Batman, now Dicky!
Music awards coming up. Am thinking about winning one of those as well.
Ducking out onto Highland for a bit. Back in a few. Got a treatment to write while it’s still in my head.
The one and only.