- Keep the show moving right along.
- Have your soundbites always at the ready.
- Talk about topics people want to talk about — sounds tautological, but it’s not.
- No philosophy, although I did find the words “Thomas Aquinas” coming out of my mouth yesterday.
- No gory details; they just turn off audiences.
- The mic needs to be closer to your mouth than you thought.
- You can lose a quarter of your audience in a flash if you’re not careful.
- It’s okay to ask for calls on a certain topic, but then you should get to all or most of them.
- It’s amazing how long two minutes can last.
- Relax and have fun.
If all else fails, make sure you have Mark Steyn’s phone number. Or Rush’s.
Oh, yes — cool bumper music is a must.
Hope this helps!