Meanwhile, We Knew About Libya Three Days in Advance
Though the administration’s official story continues to be that the attack responsible for the deaths of four Americans in Benghazi was spontaneous and that security at the consulate was adequate, we now have more indications that neither piece of that story is true. According to at least one report, the State Department’s Bureau of Diplomatic Security issued a warning 48 hours before the attack took place:
American diplomats were warned of possible violent unrest in Benghazi three days before the killings of US Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three members of his team, Libyan security officials say.
The claim came as the country’s interim President, Mohammed el-Megarif, said his government had information that the attack on the US consulate had been planned by an Islamist group with links to al-Qa’ida and with foreigners taking part.
However, the American ambassador to the UN, Susan Rice, insisted that the killings had resulted from a demonstration against a film about the Prophet Mohamed, replicating protests in Cairo, which had been “hijacked” and got out of control.
Megarif told NPR:
“We firmly believe that this was a pre-calculated, pre-planned attack that was carried out specifically to attack the US Consulate. A few of those who joined in were foreigners who had entered Libya from different directions, some of them definitely from Mali and Algeria.”
A premeditated attack organized and executed al-Qaeda-linked foreign terrorists, on the anniversary of September 11. They were probably just mad about that YouTube video.