The fall issue of National Affairs is now online, packed with essays to help you better understand America’s challenges and think through what’s at stake in this election. Among the offerings:
- David Armor and Sonia Sousa on the explosion of anti-poverty spending in recent years, and how little of it has gone to the poor
- Rick Hess and Andrew Kelly on how conservatives should think about the federal role in education
- Vin Cannato on immigration policy past and present
- Joshua Hawley on the Court after Obamacare
- David Gratzer on Nurse Bloomberg
- Steven Smith on Lincoln’s Leadership
And much more, from how to grade teachers to how to replace Obamacare and beyond. Some are free to all, others are available only to subscribers, and here is where you can subscribe.