The North Carolina Department of Transportation has fired a contractor after the agency issued a public alert Wednesday that blamed a non-existent traffic accident on Obamacare.
The DOT’s warning system, which sends out tweets and e-mails, falsely informed the public of an accident on an interstate highway in Raleigh. The alerts said the crash was due to “Women Drivers, Rain, Obama Care” and told motorists to remain at home.
NC DOT spokesman Mike Charbonneau told the Associated Press that the contractor in question had been hired six months ago and was testing the system. According to WTKR, the test was botched because the contractor did not follow the proper protocol.