Five Reasons Mistreating Us Pows Is a Bad Idea
1. It’s morally wrong and illegal.
2. It makes U.S. forces very, very angry.
3. It sends the signal to U.S. forces that you’re better-off fighting to the bitter end since being captured may be a death sentence.
4. It undermines the one thing on Iraq’s side: the sympathetic opinion of the Euro-human rights crowd. Already, Red Cross is condemning the Iraqis.
5. Makes it almost impossible, politically speaking, for any US leader to advocate anything short of total victory.