Google+
Close

The Feed

What’s news right now.

New Poll: Nowhere Near 90% of Americans Angry the Gun Bill Failed

Via the Washington Post:

The Senate’s defeat of a package of popular proposals aimed at curbing gun violence last week seemed certain to foment public outrage at out-of-touch politicians who don’t listen to their constituents.

Not so much, according to a new Washington Post-Pew Research Center poll. Yes, a plurality (47 percent) describe themselves as either “angry” or “disappointed” about the failure of the gun legislation, but 39 percent call themselves “relieved” or “happy” about what happened. That’s a far cry from the 90-ish percent support that expanding background checks — the centerpiece of the proposed legislation — enjoyed. . .


If 47% of Americans are angry, does that make the other 53% cowards? - Greg Pollowitz


(Simply insert your e-mail and hit “Sign Up.”)

Subscribe to National Review