Seven of the 85 Nigerian schoolgirls still missing after being abducted last week have escaped, the local state governor says.
Another girl had run home on the day of the attack, meaning 77 are still missing, said Borno State Governor Kashim Shettima.
About 130 girls were seized from their school hostel by gunmen last Monday.
Islamist group Boko Haram is suspected to be behind the kidnapping but has not issued any statement.
Some 1,500 people are believed to have been killed in attacks blamed on Boko Haram this year alone.
The group, whose name means “Western education is forbidden”, is fighting to establish Islamic law in Nigeria. It often targets educational establishments.
Mr Shettima did not give details of how the girls had escaped, for security reasons. . .