At least 12 women were abducted during the latest attack on Kenya’s coast, which also left 15 people dead, residents have told the BBC.
President Uhuru Kenyatta has blamed “local political networks” for the overnight raid on two villages near the town of Mpeketoni.
But Somalia’s al-Shabab group had earlier said it was behind the attack.
At least 49 people died in a separate raid on hotels and a police station in Mpeketoni on Sunday.
Al-Shabab said it was revenge for the presence of Kenyan troops in Somalia and the killing of Muslims.
Kenya sent troops to Somalia in 2011 to help the weak UN-backed government defeat the militants. . .