More self-congratulatory claptrap from the BBC
This is the press release I was emailed a little earlier, from a production company on behalf of the BBC, concerning a documentary to be aired later this evening on BBC 2 television about BBC World Service radio.
BBC2 screens London Calling: Inside the BBC World ServiceMonday 26th November at 11.20pm.
* “Engaging” (Sunday Times)
* “Excellent series” (Independent)
* “Invaluable viewing” (Observer)
* “A fascinating three part film… very much an impartial account rather than an exercise in corporate self-congratulation. Indeed impartiality is the real subject of London Calling” (Times Out)
* “A gripping look at Arabic journalists working for what is still a respected institution and their efforts to preserve that famous impartiality” (Financial Times)