(Thanks to Ali Alfoneh for his assistance in compiling)
- Tabnak, close to former IRGC chief Mohsen Rezai, ‘exposes’ the conspiracy behind the U.S. movie The Peacemaker (a George Clooney thriller) which according to Tabnak was showed on U.S. television at the same time as the Annapolis Peace Summit.
- Entekhab: “Syria’s participation at the Annapolis Peace Summit has increased tensions between Iran and Syria.”
- Tabnak claims that U.S., Canadian and Australian universities are denying Iranian students admission to medicine schools because of sanctions.
- ‘Hostile’ searches of Iranian pilgrims to Mecca.
- Iran-Senegal ties developing.
Economy and Trade
- China says no to any further UN sanctions.
- Flashback: Condoleezza Rice says she has agreement for new sanctions by end of November unless Iran is fully cooperative with IAEA.
- Larijani, former secretary of the Supreme National Security Council of the Islamic Republic of Iran: “Suspension of uranium enrichment… like exchanging pearls for candy.”
- Iran to reject suspension in new talks with Solana.
- Secretary of Iran’s Supreme National Security Council Said Jalili to travel to London with “new ideas” concerning the nuclear issue.
Human Rights and Labor
· State Department’s brief statement on Iranian labor crackdown
o No U.S. press picks up.
· Background on Salehi case.
Photo of the Day