Righty Bloggers Want Newt or Perry; Dread Paul and Romney
John Hawkins polled 78 right-of-center bloggers about their preferences in the upcoming Republican presidential primary. While no one should overestimate the influence of bloggers, the news is good for Newt Gingrich, and ominous for Mitt Romney:
If you had to pick a 2012 GOP contender today, which of the following candidates would you select?
7) Jon Huntsman: 2.5% (2 votes)
6) Rick Santorum: 5.1% (4 votes)
5) Michele Bachmann: 6.3% (5 votes)
4) Ron Paul: 7.6% (6 votes)
3) Mitt Romney: 12.7% (10 votes)
2) Rick Perry: 26.6% (21 votes)
1) Newt Gingrich: 39.2% (31 votes)
Which candidate would you LEAST like to see as the GOP nominee in 2012?