On Wednesday, the national fast-food chain, Chick-fil-A reaffirmed its pro-traditional-marriage stance.
The LA Times reports president Dan Cathy’s public announcement: “Chick-fil-A is very much supportive of the family . . . the biblical definition of the family unit.”
Though Chick-fil-A’s dedication to Christian values is nothing new — the chain is closed on Sundays for religious observances — the announcement sparked an immediate online uproar, especially on social media sites like Facebook and Twitter.
From the LA Times:
Here’s a sampling of how Cathy’s comments are playing out elsewhere online: From the company’s Facebook page:
– “Knowing your stance on gay marriage, I will eat here more often!” and “I LOVE Chick-fil-A!!! Love your food and your family values!!!”
– “boycotting this hateful company with immediate effect” and “Served with an extra helping of hate! BOYCOTT!!!!”
– “There is no better fast food place than Chick-Fil-A”
– “Chick-fil-A’s Delicious Chicken Sandwiches Are Deep Fried in Hate”
And from BuzzFeed:
– “What if he is right? What makes anyone who disagrees right? What standard and authority are you using?”
– “Looks like I’ll be headed to Wendy’s when I’m craving a chicken sandwich.”
What do you think about Cathy’s decision to go public on this hot-button issue: Smart business move? Or one he’ll regret?
In an interview on The Ken Coleman Show, Cathy revealed that those advocating for same-sex marriages will in turn bring “God’s judgment” upon us. “I think we are inviting God’s judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at Him and say, ‘We know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage. I pray God’s mercy on our generation that has such a prideful, arrogant attitude to think that we have the audacity to define what marriage is about.”