From a senior Senate GOP leadership aide:
1. Run against President Bush, like it’s 2004 all over again—NSA, 2000 Supreme Court election decision, etc.
2. When not doing 1, continually hammer at abortion—which the majority of America is uncomfortable with, to say the least.
3. When not doing 1 or 2, keep talking about CAP, which no American understands.
4. When not doing 1, 2, or 3, tick off Chairman Specter: first threaten to postpone the markup date, then pull a procedural stunt behind his back.
5. When not doing 1, 2, 3, or 4, and all else fails, don’t even apologize when the nominee’s wife cries.
And these guys still want to threaten a filibuster?