Good morning, campers!
Here are recent links that will keep you from sending in those TPS reports on time:
- The amateur draft starts this evening. Jonathan Mayo of MLB.com has his first-round projections here.
- Another heralded youngster on the Giants, Brandon Belt, is on the shelf. Belt suffered a hairline fracture in his left wrist when he was hit by a pitch last Tuesday evening.
- Rany Jazayerli wonders what has suddenly gone wrong with Royals closer Joakim Soria.
- Must the Phillies continue to waste a roster spot, asks Brad Johnson of The Hardball Times?
- Stoeten of Drunk Jays Fans is #### steamed at Los Angeles radio talk show host Max Kellerman for opining on the air that it is “90-95% likely” that Jose Bautista is using PEDs.
- Bill from The Platoon Advantage has three ideas that would improve the All-Star Game.
- Speaking of the Midsummer Night’s Classic, are there really six Yankees leading in the fan balloting? Oofa!
- On the other side of the Whitestone Bridge, Amazin’ Avenue’s Bill Petti looks closely at Jason Bay’s declining performance and fears that his power stroke will never return.
- Terrible, terrible news: a 13-year-old Little League hitter in Winslow, Arizona collapsed moments when a pitch hit him square in the chest as he attempted to bunt. He passed away in a local hospital the next day.
Have a walk-off week!