Good morning, campers!
Here are recent links that will keep those dreaded TPS reports from being sent in on time:
- Jim Riggleman’s abrupt departure from the Washington Nationals remains a head-scratcher, but Christina Kahrl of ESPN’s Sweet Spot devotes most of her column to welcoming the return of Davey Johnson.
- Sign a petition here urging FOX Sports to hire Vin Scully to do the play-by-play for this year’s World Series.
- Rockies pitcher Jason Hammel balked in a run against the Indians. He later explained to Jim Armstrong of the Denver Post that he forgot what pitch to throw — mid-windup.
- Jeff Sullivan of SB Nation contemplates how the Albert Pujols will impact both the Cardinals this season and Pujols’ free agency.
- Will McDonald of Royals Review deserves kudos for this headline and story idea: “Using Jeff Francoeur to Solve Life’s Problems – Lesson One: Cheating Friends, Family Stress, Ethical Quandries.”
- Via Hardball Talk’s Matthew Pouliot, we learn from Keith Olbermann that the Yankees have no more use for his Old-Timer’s Day commentary. Guh!
- The Rangers set a Guiness World Record when most of the fans attending Tuesday evening’s game, including George W. Bush and Nolan Ryan, donned sunglasses after nightfall.
Umpire Bob Davidson gave Brewers skipper Ron Roenicke the boot following this unusual play.
Have a walk-off week!