Here are recent links that will keep those dreaded TPS reports from being sent in on time:
- Brien Jackson of It’s About the Money, Stupid ponders where closer Mariano Rivera, who tied the all-time saves record over the weekend, ranks among Yankee greats.
- Speaking of premier relievers, Francisco Rodriguez (a.k.a., K-Rod) is unhappy with his role in Milwaukee. Meanwhile, free agent-to-be Prince Fielder is pretty certain that he will have a new home next season.
- Speaking yet again of bullpen aces, the San Francisco Chronicle reports that Brian Wilson recently channeled his inner Marty McFly.
- Eric Seidman of FanGraphs writes: “The Logan Morrison saga continues, as it was learned Thursday afternoon that the outfielder filed a grievance on the grounds of discipline without just cause. . . .”
- The Platoon Advantage’s The Common Man shares his thoughts on the Keith Law-Michael Lewis Moneyball skirmish. Interestingly, many of the commenters disagree.
- SweetSpot’s Dave Gershman explains that, despite flaws, overall future potential (OHP) is an important scouting report tool.
- Joe Posnanski of Sports Illustrated reads my mind.
That’s it. Have a walk-off week!