Here are several go-to links that will make the offseason a bit more bearable:
- Beyond the Boxscore’s David Fung finds that the Nationals would project to be an 86-win team next season should they sign Prince Fielder.
- Speaking of Fielder, it is fairly certain that he will not call Wrigley Field home next season. The Cubs acquired slugging first baseman Anthony Rizzo from the Padres for young pitcher Andrew Cashner and minor league outfielder Kyung-Min Na.
- Eno Sarris of Amazin’ Avenue reveals that the Mets have hired “turnaround consultants” to help with unspecified financial issues.
- The Associated Press’ Ronald Blum reports that Albert Pujols will earn $7 million upon breaking Barry Bonds’ career home run record.
- Joe Torre is resigning as Major League Baseball’s executive vice president for baseball operations to join an investment group bidding on the Dodgers.
- Ken Rosenthal of Fox Sports writes that Cardinals pitching coach Dave Duncan is taking a leave of absence to care for his ailing wife.
- Dog lover and new Marlins pitcher Mark Buehrle is not very happy with Miami-Dade County’s ban on pit bull ownership.
- Halos Heaven presents: Moneyblog!
That’s it, folks. Only 47 days before pitchers and catchers report!