Here are several go-to links to make your Monday a bit more bearable:
- Clubhouse Confidential’s Brian Kenny reviews the smartest decisions made by clubs over the past twelve months.
- In the video above, Kenny applauds Billy Beane’s signing of Cuban defector Yoenis Cespedes. It was one of several bold moves that resulted in Beane being named the Sporting News’ Major League Baseball Executive of the Year.
- Jay Jaffe of Sports Illustrated explains how qualifying offers are changing the way we look at free agency.
- Using the win-probability-added metric, Matt Klaassen of Fangraphs describes “the worst bunts of 2012.”
- “Flushing Bay” indeed: Although Jason Bay still had one year left on his four-year contract, the Mets and the left fielder agreed to part ways. Bay hit a meager .165/.237/.299 in 215 plate apparances last season.
That’s it. Have a walk-off week!