• Third-party interest groups favoring the GOP are outspending their Democratic counterparts by more seven to one, according to a “Democratic operative.” But what of the $250 million coming from labor unions and other liberal groups?
• Watch Rachel Maddow lay into Jack Conway for his flip-flopping strategy of “stop, squirm and run.”
• The latest Rasmussen poll has Dino Rossi leading Patty Murray — 49 percent to 46 percent — among likely voters. The comes on the heels of a GOP-sponsored poll released yesterday that showed Rossi with an even bigger lead — 48 percent to 42 percent — over Murray.
“Given the increasing strength and momentum of the Rossi campaign, Senator Murray’s record on key issues, and the continued deterioration of the political environment, Dino is well positioned for victory in November,” a spokesman for Rossi’s campaign told BATTLE ‘10.
• Rossi’s campaign says it raised $4.4 million during the third quarter. His campaign has raised almost $6 million in a period of four months. Murray has not released her third quarter fundraising results, which are due later this month.
• The Seattle Times reports that Murray ranks second in political contributions from lobbyists. Since 2009, lobbyists have contributed the ominous amount of $666,000 to Murray’s reelection effort. Only Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid took more money from lobbyists during the current cycle. More here.
• A new WTP poll shows Ron Johnson continuing to lead Sen. Russ Feingold by a healthy margin — 49 percent to 41 percent, with 8 percent undecided.
• The DSCC put out a poll that shows Johnson leading by just 2 points — 44 percent to 42 percent.
• Feingold and Johnson will face off tonight in Milwaukee for the first of three debates. The others will be held in Wausau on Oct. 11 and again in Milwaukee on Oct. 22.
• NBC Nightly News tackled the Wisconsin Senate race last night: