• Larry Sabato’s Crystal Ball is out with Final Calls, predicting big gains for the GOP: House +55, Senate +8, Governors +8-9. Sabato tweets: “Many candidates are winning mainly because they have an R next to their name. Even on ‘Wheel of Fortune’, no letter is as valuable in ‘10.”
• As part of a last ditch effort to derail Republican candidates, Democrats are pushing a divide and conquer strategy of backing third party conservatives candidates.
• POLITICO’s Daily 10 House races.
• NRCC executive director Guy Harrison predicts gains as high as 64 seats for the GOP.
• Among Democratic incumbents in the House, the anti-Pelosi caucus keeps growing.
• POLITICO’s Daily 10 Senate races.
• According to Karl Rove’s latest data, the races in AK, CA, CO, IL, NV, WA, and WV are too close to call.
• Senate Democrats who thought 2010 was a rough cycle could be in for an even rougher 2012.
• KY — A new CNN/Time poll shows Rand Paul leading Jack Conway by seven points — 50 to 43 percent — among likely voters. Paul is crushing Conway among independent voters — 63 to 26 percent. All a pretty clear indication that Conway’s much-maligned “Aqua Buddha” ad has backfired.
• WA — Former Gov. Dan Evans (R) has recorded a robocall for Dino Rossi:
“Our country is on an irresponsible fiscal path – too much spending, too much debt, too many empty promises,” Evans says.
“We need leaders in Washington who are willing to deal with our problems in a serious, responsible way. That’s what Dino did as a budget writer in the Legislature, eliminating the largest deficit in our state’s history without raising taxes and still protecting the vulnerable.”
Evans served three terms from 1965-1977, and served as U.S. Senator from 1983-1989.