Mitt Romney will give a speech about health care this Thursday in Michigan about “his plan to repeal and replace Obamacare with reforms that lower costs and empower states to craft their own health care solutions,” according to a press release.
The release also included a bullet point list of Romney’s principles on health care reform:
· Restore to the states the responsibility and resources to care for their poor, uninsured, and chronically ill.
· Give a tax deduction to those who buy their own health insurance, just like those who buy it through their employers.
· Streamline the federal regulation of healthcare.
· Reduce the influence of lawsuits on medical practice and costs.
· Make healthcare more like a consumer market and less like a government program.