Mitt Romney may be skipping the Ames Straw Poll, but his campaign isn’t ignoring Iowa.
Earlier this week, he held a conference call with 10,000 Iowa supporters. He also spent $156,000 on Iowa last quarter — an amount that the Des Moines Register reports is more than his combined spending on South Carolina and Florida, both early primary states.
Today his campaign sent out a list of new members of his Iowa leadership team:
· Former District Director for Congressman Jim Leach, Gary Grant, Cedar Rapids
· President of Rock Communications and ColorFX, Jon Troen, West Des Moines
· Woodbury County Activist, Brett Lyon, Sioux City
· Harrison County Activist, Don Blackford, Logan
· Former Republican Party of Iowa Victory Field Director, Heather Fransen, Cedar Rapids