Allison Jones Rushing is President Trump’s nominee to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit from North Carolina.
Age: 36 (approximate)
Current Position: Partner, Williams & Connolly LLP (Washington, D.C.)
- B.A., Wake Forest University (2004); summa cum laude; Phi Beta Kappa
- J.D., Duke University Law School (2007); magna cum laude; Order of the Coif; Smith-Mordecai Scholar (full-tuition scholarship); Editor, Duke Law Journal; Moot Court Board
Judicial Clerkships: Judge Neil Gorsuch, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit; Judge David Sentelle, U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit; Associate Justice Clarence Thomas, U.S. Supreme Court
- 2011-Present: Associate and Partner, Williams & Connolly LLP (Washington, D.C.)
- Rushing has argued cases before the various federal circuit courts of appeal and state appellate courts. She has also briefed cases before the U.S. Supreme Court.
- She has experience in a wide array of substantive areas, including complex civil and criminal litigation, in both the federal district and appellate courts.
- Legal 500 has recognized Ms. Rushing for her “excellent writing advocacy skills.”
- Rushing has been named a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers.
- The National Law Journal has recognized Ms. Rushing’s oral advocacy in the federal courts of appeals.
- Rushing hails from East Flat Rock, North Carolina.