Judge Marvin Quattlebaum is President Trump’s nominee to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit from South Carolina.
Current Position: U.S. District Judge, District of South Carolina
- B.A., Rhodes College (1986), cum laude
- J.D., University of South Carolina (1989); Editor, South Carolina Law Review
- 1989-1996, 1997-March 2018: Associate and Partner, Nelson, Mullins, Riley & Scarborough LLP (Greenville, SC)
- 1996-1997: Partner, Robinson & Quattlebaum
- March 2018-Present: U.S. District Judge, District of South Carolina
- President Donald Trump nominated Judge Quattlebaum to the U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina in 2017. He was confirmed on March 1, 2018.
- Before taking the bench, Judge Quattlebaum attained significant litigation experience as both a defense and plaintiff’s attorney. His years in private practice focused on complex commercial litigation, with a specialty in products liability cases.
- Judge Quattlebaum is a former chair of the South Carolina Bar Association. He is also a member of the South Carolina Bar Association’s House of Delegates.