Michael Park is President Trump’s nominee to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit from New York.
Current Position: Partner, Consovoy, McCarthy & Park LLP
- B.A., Princeton University, magna cum laude (1998)
- J.D., Yale Law School (2001); Managing Editor, Yale Law Journal
Judicial Clerkships: Judge Samuel Alito, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit (2001-2002); Associate Justice Samuel Alito, U.S. Supreme Court (2008-2009)
- 2002-2006: Associate, WilmerHale LLP (New York, NY)
- 2006-2008: Attorney Advisor, Office of Legal Counsel, U.S. Department of Justice (Washington, D.C.)
- 2009-2015: Partner, Dechert LLP (New York, NY)
- 2015-Present: Partner, Consovoy, McCarthy & Park LLP (New York, NY)
- In private practice, Mr. Park has represented clients before the SEC, FINRA, and other federal and state regulators in a wide array of subject areas, including securities, criminal, commercial, administrative, and constitutional law.
- While serving in the Office of Legal Counsel at the Department of Justice, Mr. Park advised White House and other Executive Branch officials on a variety of complex matters, including national security issues, constitutional questions, and congressional investigations.
- Park is an adjunct professor at the Antonin Scalia Law School at George Mason University.
- Park is a member of the Board of Trustees of the Supreme Court Historical Society, the Board of Directors of Operation Exodus Inner City, and the Asian American Bar Association of New York.
- Park is listed as an expert for The Federalist Society.
- Park is a recipient of the National Asian Pacific American Bar Association’s “2013 Best Lawyers Under 40” award recognizing attorneys who have demonstrated prominence in the practice of law and dedication to the Asian Pacific American community.