- Moira Smith has been a registered Democrat in Alaska for the past 23 years. She worked for a Democratic state legislator in Alaska and was also the national committeewoman for the Young Democrats of Alaska. She is a graduate of Georgetown University and the University of California at Berkeley Law School.
- Her first husband, Paul Bodnar, served in President Obama’s White House as Senior Director for Energy and Climate Change at the National Security Council up until 2016. He is now a Senior Fellow at the Rocky Mountain Institute and Investment Advisor at Vision Ridge Partners, and is based in Boulder, Colorado.
- Her second husband, Jake Metcalfe, is now a discredited high-profile Democratic politician in Alaska. He stepped down as chairman of the Alaska Democratic Party to run for Congress in a contested Democratic primary. He was forced to withdraw from that primary campaign when it was revealed his campaign was responsible for creating fake web sites that attacked one of his Democratic rivals in the race.
- In the past three years Moira Smith has contributed $625 to U.S. Senator Mark Begich (D-AK). Since 2014 Metcalfe has contributed $1040 to Sen. Begich, the Democratic Party of Alaska, and the presidential campaign of Hillary Clinton.
- Metcalfe also has deep ties to organized labor. He was an attorney for the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, and is currently the executive director of the Public Safety Employees Association, which is an affiliate of AFSCME Alaska.
- Smith worked in the Alaska State Legislature as an aide to state representative Woodie Salmon (D-Beaver). She also worked as a law clerk for the Alaska Supreme Court during the 2007-08 term. She is now a vice president and general counsel at Enstar, an energy company based in Anchorage, Alaska.
- Throughout her career Smith has been publicly critical of Republicans on many occasions, including accusing them of a culture of corruption.
Here is a three-part plan for something practical the federal government could do to relieve college-loan debt. Step 1: The federal government should stop making college loans itself and cease guaranteeing any such loans. Step 2: It should prohibit educational lending by federally regulated financial institutions ... Read More
So much for collusion. The media conversation has now officially moved on from the obsession of the last two years to obstruction of justice. That’s because the first volume of the voluminous Mueller report, the half devoted to what was supposed to be the underlying crime of a Trump conspiracy with Russia, ... Read More
She's not a fan. Read More
The most interesting new disclosure to come out of Attorney General William Barr’s press conference on the Mueller report was about obstruction of justice. As I pointed out in a Fox News column this morning, the obstruction issue was one of the main reasons why the media-Democrat complex’s caterwauling ... Read More
Some of you will be familiar with a lefty, partisan Democratic organization called MoveOn, formerly MoveOn.Org. It was founded during an investigation into President Bill Clinton’s shenanigans (which were not, Democratic mythology notwithstanding, strictly sexual in nature) and argued that it was time for the ... Read More
You are dead to me. You are a collection of Fredos. The cock has crowed, you pathetic sniveling jerks. The team I have rooted for since 1965, when I first visited the House that Ruth Built, where I hawked peanuts and ice cream a lifetime ago, watched countless games (Guidry striking out 18!), has gotten so ... Read More