OPEN POSITIONS AT NATIONAL REVIEW
Audience Development Manager
National Review is looking for an experienced Audience Development Manager. The ideal candidate is equal parts content marketing/ audience development/ and social whiz. You will be responsible for increasing traffic, raising the brand’s profile, building a loyal following on various social media networks, and marketing our content products. A passion for news and politics, an obsession with social media, an aptitude in content curation, and experience in audience development and engagement are key.
You will not be merely posting social links — you will manage content and distribution strategy across the website, mobile, app, social, email, and a myriad of platforms (AMP, Facebook IA, Google Newsstand, Apple News, Youtube, etc.). Success will be measured by the ability to grow audience, brand relevance, maintain the health of the brand and exceed revenue goals.
What you’ll do:
• Develop and execute content marketing strategy to generate website traffic and boost user engagement on all platforms
• Develop and execute creative programming for NR’s social channels that meet the editorial, marketing, and advertising goals of the brand
• Define and report on our audiences and how we can drive them across all of our offerings, i.e. how does our YouTube channel tie to our site, and how do our podcasts tie to our video & events etc?
• Manage the execution of all social media posts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, plus emerging platforms)
• Spearhead new strategies to grow audience development across channels
• Identify and develop partners for traffic swaps, events, & syndication
• Manage NRPLUS social imprint and assists with other NRPLUS-related developmental projects
• Use analytics and data to inform and improve decision making. Use external/internal data platforms (e.g. Google Analytics, etc.) to analyze data and determine long term strategies
What you have:
• 3+ years of marketing/audience development experience in digital publishing &/or media agency — news and/or politics background preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing, or another digital media field preferred
• Provide visionary leadership rooted in strategy, analysis & data, creativity, with a bias towards urgency and perfect execution
• Possesses a deep understanding of analytics and data (knowledge of Facebook Insights, Google Analytics, SocialFlow and similar programming/reporting tools are a must)
• Is comfortable working across many teams, including production, editorial, marketing, sales
National Review has been America’s paper of record for conservative fact and opinion since 1955. NR’s detailed analysis and commentary on news, politics, current events, and culture is delivered across multiple platforms, including print and digital.
Some perks & benefits of working at National Review:
• Competitive salary and health-care packages
• Annual bonus plan
• 401(k) contribution
• Remote Summer Fridays
• Generous paid time off
To be considered:
Please email cover letter & resume to email@example.com
Place ‘NR Audience Development Manager’ in the subject line. In your cover letter please answer the following question: National Review was founded in what year?
OPEN POSITIONS AT NATIONAL REVIEW INSTITUTE
Accounting and Operations Manager, NRI
Since 1955, National Review magazine has defined the modern conservative movement and enjoys the broadest allegiance of American conservatives. National Review Institute (NRI) was founded by William F. Buckley Jr. as a nonprofit, 501(c)(3) charitable organization in 1991. NRI’s mission is to advance the conservative principles he championed, complement the mission of the magazine, and support NR’s best talent.
Bill Buckley sought to preserve and buttress the foundations of our free society and to conserve our inheritance from America’s Founders. NRI supports conservative writers and their ideas on how to guard and build on our country’s strengths, core principles, and freedoms, how to revitalize and add vigor and practical application to our conservative convictions, and how to better influence our culture while opposing its determined foes.
The Institute’s educational programs bring together leaders in business, philanthropy, media, and policy to help strengthen the broader conservative movement, while also educating emerging leaders and our fellow citizens on the principles of a free society. Our partnership programs send NR’s best talent across the country, thereby amplifying and expanding the reach of the National Review mission. More information is available at www.nrinstitute.org.
The success of NRI’s programming over the past two years laid the foundation for a major institutional transition. On August 1, 2015, NRI and National Review underwent a significant reorganization: The magazine and website — corporately National Review, Inc. — became a wholly owned subsidiary of the Institute. These two vital components of American conservatism have joined forces so that the entire National Review enterprise is assured of having a truly profound consequence, both now and for years to come. All aspects of the NR family are now joined. Under the leadership and guidance of Editor-in-Chief Rich Lowry, NR will remain America’s largest circulation and influential magazine for conservative news, commentary, and opinion, while NRI will continue to support NR’s best talent by providing high-quality conservative programming that complements and expands upon the critical legacy and NR’s mission entrusted to both organizations by Bill Buckley.
About the Role:
The Accounting and Operations Manager, based in Midtown, Manhattan, will be responsible for the accounting processes for NRI, a $6m non-profit organization, under the supervision of the VP of Finance and Operations. The Accounting and Operations Manager will also manage certain human resource-related functions including Payroll, the back-end of employee on-boarding and termination, and some office operations functions of National Review Institute.
The people who work at NRI do so because they are passionate about our mission and advancing conservative principles. We are looking for an Accounting and Operations Manager who shares that passion and wants to be a part of our team. As a close-knit organization, NRI has an all-hands-on-deck attitude. The ideal candidate won’t think twice about going above and beyond the job description and will want to grow within the organization over the course of years.
Key responsibilities include:
• Perform the monthly financial close process including bookkeeping and account reconciliation
• Manage accounts payable for all vendors
• Prepare annual budget, perform periodic reforecasts, and track employee and program budgets
• Assist and support the preparation of the annual form 990
• Produce monthly financial statements and custom reports when required
• Manage employee on-boarding and terminations
• Process semi-monthly payroll and required payroll maintenance, and maintain HR records
• Serve as liaison to building management
• Oversee office management and office assistant/receptionist
• Support NRI’s President and development office with special reports and projects
• Assist with the performance of various executive, managerial, and administrative tasks
• Represent NRI at conferences, seminars, and other events
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
• 0-5 years of accounting experience – relevant internships or work prior to graduation will be considered prior experience
• Degree in accounting, finance, or business strongly preferred
• Working knowledge of QuickBooks
• Strong aptitude to manage office operations
• Experience with and/or knowledge of the accounting requirements for nonprofits preferred
NRI pays a competitive salary commensurate with experience and provides excellent benefits.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
• Cover letter detailing your philosophical interest in NRI, how your skills, experience, and future goals relate to the position and NRI, and your salary requirements.
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market* via this link:
Questions can be directed to Katy Ranville, Network Engagement Manager at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
*Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.