Web Producer/Content Manager
National Review is looking for a dynamic, self-motivated individual with experience and skills in web content management, writing and editing for the web, and site management — bonus points if you have experience in managing social accounts for media brands, video editing/ production experience, building photo galleries, or SEO experience. The website content manager will be responsible for web production & content management across all aspects of the organization’s online presence and for maintaining site standards.
We’ll trust you to:
• Help create and manage production of content in a variety of formats including articles, photo galleries, videos, podcasts, and email
• Serve as a resource for content expertise – answer internal and external questions on content production, publishing processes and procedures as well as editorial matters
• Raise, discuss, and resolve content production issues
Curate content on main landing pages to optimize user experience
You’ll need to have:
• Experience (1-2 years) in an online publishing or content management role — News and/or Politics background preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing, political science, or another digital media field preferred
• Ability to produce content for a range of platforms: web, mobile, and social
• An analytical mind, simultaneously scientific and creative in your approach to using data to make content decisions
• Basic knowledge of HTML (preferred)
• Flexibility with work hours that will involve time outside the 9-to-5 weekday hours; off-shift work required in urgent news situations
• Intellectual vigor & zeal for politics
Bonus points for:
• Web Video editing & production, building photo galleries, podcasting
• Social media posting experience (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Reddit)
• SEO/ Search Engine Optimization chops
• Photo Editing Software & Web Analytics
Candidates must reside in the Greater NYC area as the position is based in Midtown Manhattan.
To Be Considered:
Please email cover letter & resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Place ‘MB: NR Content Manager 2018’ in the subject line.
Web Managing Editor
National Review is seeking a Web managing editor to join its New York office. The managing editor will work closely with the editor to oversee the day-to-day operations of the website’s editorial activities; commission and edit online features from freelancers and staff; assign editing to other editors on staff; supervise junior editorial staff; oversee the daily publication schedule and copy flow; manage payment for contributors; evaluate submissions and pitches; and assist in developing and executing editorial strategy.
The ideal candidate will have:
• excellent writing and editing skills
• experience with digital publishing
• the ability to juggle a wide range of tasks on short deadlines and work well with writers, editors, and Web producers
• management experience and skills
• a strong interest in and understanding of politics and policy
Applicants should send a résumé and cover letter to: email@example.com