All comments are governed by strict rules of conduct, and by commenting, you accept these rules and the penalties for breaking them, which may include but are not limited to: comment pre-approval status (none of your comments will be posted without approval by an NR moderator) or permanent suspension of commenting privileges, both of which can be administered as either a temporary or a permanent penalty.
- You will use respectful language. You will not use language that abuses, discriminates, or denigrates on the basis of race, religion, nationality, gender, sexual preference, age, region, disability, etc. Hate speech of any kind is grounds for immediate and permanent suspension of access.
- You will be courteous, avoiding profanity and name-calling. While we appreciate user attempts to censor or disguise curse words or insults using numerals, symbols, and asterisks, these are also disallowed. The system will automatically detect most “workarounds” of curse words or insults and will automatically prevent you from posting. If you have a question about whether a word or phrase is profane, insulting, or threatening, avoid using the word or phrase entirely.
- You will not make personal attacks. Personal attacks include doxxing, the publication of a user’s personal information (such as but not limited to the user’s name, address, or telephone number) for the purpose of identifying the user. Any kind of violation of a user’s right to privacy is disallowed. You will not publish any content that is predatory, hateful, or intended to intimidate or harass other users. Personal attacks are grounds for immediate and permanent suspension of access.
- You will not publish any material containing a solicitation of funds, advertising, or goods and/or services. You will not use our platform to promote yourself or your products unreasonably.
- You will not post spam. This includes repeated identical comments, regular posting of irrelevant comments, or comments not intended to contribute to meaningful discussion, etc.
- You will not brigade against other members. This includes rallying other members to ignore a member or a group of members, supporting an effort to suppress a member or a group of members, etc.
- You will not upload, distribute, link to or publish any libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive, vulgar, or otherwise inappropriate content. Inappropriate content includes any content that:
- Infringes upon or violates the copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property rights of any person;
- Violates any local, state, national, or international law;
- Contains or advocates illegal or violent acts;
- Impersonates others;
- Is in poor taste or otherwise objectionable.
- Any blatant attempt to circumvent or otherwise compromise National Review’s commenting policies and/or automated systems for preventing violations may result in immediate revocation of commenting privileges on the website and/or membership in the NRPLUS Facebook group.
All terms are subject to change by National Review. These terms are governed by those located in section 3 of the NR terms of service [User-Generated Content: Submissions including comments, reader reviews and more] and any conflict between them will be decided by the NRPLUS terms. To appeal a ban, suspension, or other punishment, send correspondence to firstname.lastname@example.org.