From all the bad arguments this guy makes re my piece in USA Today:
I read your aticle in the USA today and you are way off base if you dont mind me saying. Just because the tech., ideologies, and terraain are different, one could not make an analogy betwwen the 2 wars. They are alot more similiar than they are different thats for sure. Just to name a few:
1. Both McNamara and Bush repeatdly lied about how well the wars were going. Everyone knows that is it complete chaos overthere now.
2. We were fighting for an unjust cause thousands of miles away in which we dont belong. I dont want my son dieing to give Iraqi’s clean water.
3. Both instances involved our armies bogged down in a quagmire
4. No exit strategy.
5. The Iraq’s dont want us there and neither did the South Vietnamese
6. An incompetent South Vietnamese and Iraqi army.
7.Most Americans think they were both mistakes.
8. Both leaders lied to get us into the war: Gulf of Tonkin, WMD
9. N. Vietnam and Saddam were no threat to the US
It is what it is.
I could go on all day but I would not waste your time and my time. I am wondering if you bias comes into play being Jewish since Israel had much to gain from getting rid of Saddam.
By the way comparing the Vietnam war and the Sp.-Am war was a good point to an extent