4. Jeff Jacoby: Why Democrats should hope Roe is overruled
5. Michael Wear in the Los Angeles Times: Democrats are entirely too focused on abortion
6. The new owner of the LA Times: “Kids today want to buy vinyl records. So you’ll have hipster kids wanting to see paper soon. I don’t think touching paper and reading will actually go away. There will be a need for leisurely reading and the tactile feel.”
7. Naomi Riley on foster care and kinship in Arizona in City Journal.
9. Fr. Thomas Berg in First Things: The Problem of Sexually Active Priests
St. Basil the Great on how sexual abuse by priests should be punished: pic.twitter.com/oVWJVoKp4z
— Matthew Schmitz (@matthewschmitz) July 23, 2018
Yesterday at Mass, I prayed for all priests and bishops who haven’t betrayed their flocks; who live humble lives; who aren’t sophists or careerists; who are faithful to their vows; who are unafraid to defend the Faith; and who have dedicated their lives to the Lord.
— Samuel Gregg (@DrSamuelGregg) July 23, 2018
Unexpected factoid: Like their elders, black millennials are pretty religious. https://t.co/8sCiilbiNy
— Kay Hymowitz (@KayHymowitz) July 20, 2018
— New York Times Books (@nytimesbooks) July 23, 2018
Subscribe to a free weekly newsletter that has WFB flashbacks and links and things.