I am delighted and honored by the news that I have made the list of finalists for ISI’s Conservative Book of the Year:
- Patrick J. Deneen, Why Liberalism Failed (Yale University Press)
- Jonah Goldberg, Suicide of the West: How the Rebirth of Tribalism, Populism, Nationalism, and Identity Politics Is Destroying American Democracy (Crown Forum)
- Yoram Hazony, The Virtue of Nationalism (Basic Books)
- Greg Lukianoff and Jonathan Haidt, The Coddling of the American Mind: How Good Intentions and Bad Ideas Are Setting Up a Generation for Failure (Penguin Press)
- Roger Scruton, Conservatism: An Invitation to the Great Tradition (All Points Books)
It’s great company, and while it’s a cliché to say it’s an honor just to be nominated, it’s an honor just to be nominated. The winner will be announced in Chicago in March (details here).