* Despite the fact that a vote to proceed with debate is scheduled for tonight, few senators support the amnesty bill.
* See a draft of the Senate amnesty bill (still not the final version, apparently) posted by the Heritage Foundation.
* See also the congressional testimony of Heritage’s Robert Rector showing that the net retirement costs to the government of amnesty could exceed $2.5 trillion; Rector and Sen. Sessions will have a press conference today.
* Business is whining about the amnesty bill.
* Pro-illegal-immigration activists think the amnesty bill is too strict.
* Kyl: “If the consensus we reach is not accurately reflected in the final legislative language, or is seriously undercut by amendments in the Senate or House, it will lose support, including from me.”