(Thanks to Ali Alfoneh for his compilation)
- Newly elected parliament speaker Ali Larijani says that if the IAEA releases yet another ambiguous report on Iran, the Islamic Republic must consider using “force.”
- Adds that the latest IAEA report is “influenced by U.S. and Israeli spy agencies.”
Religion, Culture, and Society
- Ayatollah Moqtadayee elected new dean of the Elmiyyeh Theological School in Qom.
- The Islamic Republic resumes export of natural gas to Turkey.
- The Islamic Republic to import natural gas from Azerbaijan.
- Chinese interested in investing in Kish Free Trade Area.
- Iranian aviation authorities negotiating assembly of Tupolev planes in Iran.
- Iran building seven refineries to boost capacity.
- Donya-e Eqtesad wonders why the government does not learn any lessons from its economic mistakes.
- Executive director of Ports and Shipping Organization of the Islamic Republic says Astara port is ready for privatization.
- Chairman of the Rice Association of Iran says there is absolutely no relation between rising rice prices in Iran and world market prices of rice.
- Detergent reaches 20,000 rials per ½ kilogram on Qeshm.
- People of Lavizan stage demonstrations against Bonyad-e Mostaz’afan [Foundation of the Oppressed] after the Revolutionary Court ruled to its favor of the foundation in a real estate dispute.
- According to Donya-ye Eqtesadi, the Iranian textile industry is vanishing from the international market.
- Donya-ye Eqtesad reports on the Ahmadinejad government’s promises with regard to the housing market.
Military and Security
- Defense Minister Mostafa Najjar says “Iran’s reaction to Israeli aggression will not be limited by geography or time…”
- Adds: “The Israeli regime has degenerated to such a degree that it even can’t counter Hezbollah…”
- Najjar also claims the Islamic Republic’s missile program is peaceful, and that the IAEA’s report is a misunderstanding.
Human Rights and Labor
Photo of the Day
- Damaged Achaemenid inscription on Kharg Island.