(Thanks to Ali Alfoneh for his compilation)
- Reformist theoretician Hajjarian says Ahmadinejad’s government is collapsing.
- The Islamic Republic of Iran Judiciary spokesman says 11 people, including Abbas Palizdar, related to the “Palizdar affair” have been arrested.
- Ansar News publishes the open letter of “Justice Seeking Students” who demand to know what consequences Palizdar’s disclosures of economic corruption will have.
- Parliamentarian Ajorlou claims her home was invaded by special forces who wanted to search through her papers related to the Palizdar affair.
- Mehdi Khaz’ali, son of Ayatollah Khaz’ali, declares some support for Abbas Palizdar.
- Abdollah Nouri considering run for presidency in the Islamic Republic.
- Agah-Sazi publishes interview with Ali Larijani.
- Reformist members of the parliament who have been barred from membership of the National Security and Foreign Affairs Committee and the Budget and Planning Committee say they will not become member of any committee, and accuse the parliament of having been hijacked by the Revolutionary Guards.
- They also claim the parliament under Ali Larijani is managed like a garrison.
- Former president Mohammad Khatami writes a letter to 13 personalities and asks them about their opinion on his candidacy for presidential elections.
- Recently ousted Interior Minister Pour-Mohammadi says president Ahmadinejad does not tolerate criticism.
Religion, Culture, and Society
- Sit-in at Zanjan University ends.
- Vice dean of Zanjan University involved in a sexual scandal is dismissed.
- Office of the Strengthening of Unity publishes an open letter asking for an investigation of the affairs at Zanjan University.
- Dean of Zanjan University asks God and the students for forgiveness because of the vice dean’s inappropriate attempts to get physically involved with a female student.
- Kayhan claims the entire affair was a conspiracy planned and executed by monarchist counter revolutionaries in exile.
- Egyptian archeologists unearth an Achaemenid fort.
- Establishment of “price police” to control pricing in the market.
- Government asks parliament for $7 billion to import fuel.
- Commander Jazayeri, deputy chief of cultural affairs of Armed Forces Command Council, demands France extradite the first president of the Islamic Republic, Abol-Hassan Bani-Sadr, to Iran. In English.
Military and Security
- According to Alef News, 12 members of Jundallah terrorist organization have been arrested in Sistan va Balouchestan province.
- According to Entekhab, Jundallah terrorist organization has “martyred two hostages.”
Human Rights and Labor
- A judge, convicted of rape of a minor boy, commits suicide in jail.
- Son of anti-Islamic Republic activist, Foroud Fouladvand, says his father has been abducted by Iranian agents in Turkey, and is now imprisoned in Iran.
Photo of the Day
- Speed boat maneuvers.