(Thanks to Ali Alfoneh for his compilation)
- The Iranian president stresses in a television interview that all banks must enforce his executive order to lower of interest rates.
- Parliamentary speaker Larijani says a special commission is studying the Ahmadinejad government’s economic proposals.
- Judiciary chief Shahroudi says the country’s economic problems are “serious.”
- Chaharbahar Free Trade Area signs a memorandum of understanding with Afghanistan.
- Iran and Gambia to cooperate on shipping.
- Rafsanjani calls for expansion of Iran-Sudan relations. English here.
- Turkey seeks to upgrade ties with Islamic Republic of Iran even further.
- Sobh-e Sadeq’s Abbas-Ali Farzandi Arkani explains the universalist character of the Iranian revolution.
- Iran reacts to Condoleezza Rice’s leak of wishing to establish U.S. interest section in Tehran.
- EU sanctions jeopardize diplomacy, Iran warns.
- Iraqi government to take control of Mujahedin al-Khalq headquarters in Iraq.
Religion, Culture, and Society
- Ayatollah Moqtadayee, in a vague reference to religious innovators such as Qabel and Soroush, warns against “religious deviations which bring Shi’a beliefs to the slaughter house.”
- Ya Lesarat al-Hossein weekly condemns cleric Hadi Ghaffari, fire brand preacher of the early years of the revolution, who in a speech has talked of historical Iranian figure Babak Khorram-Din as a “martyr” thereby, according to the weekly, spreading ethnic unrest in Iran.
- Sobh-e Sadeq weekly’s Yadollah Javani defends Ayatollah Mesbah-Yazdi in face of Hojjat al-Eslam Mohtashami-Pour’s allegations.
Military and Security
- Sobh-e Sadeq, mouthpiece of the Revolutionary Guards, reports “wide protests against dismissal of security head of the Arvand Free Trade Area.”
- According to Sobh-e Sadeq, a number of “counter revolutionary forces” have been killed in Iranian Kurdistan.
- Sobh-e Sadeq wonders why Abbas Palizdar who has accused the Islamic Republic of Iran elite of economic corruption also has collected “military intelligence” in his archives.
- Sobh-e Sadeq stresses the importance of the Societal Security Scheme, especially the part that has to do with internet cafes.
- 13th Ashoura Army chief commander Ossanlou says that the IRGC’s readiness in border areas is a source of calm and consolation of the people.
- Shock and awe awaits invaders.
- Sobh-e Sadeq’s media analysis discloses a conspiracy against the Iranian government in the Iranian press.
Photo of the Day
- Celebration of Basiji women.