(Thanks to Ali Alfoneh for his compilation)
- Agah-Sazi publishes part of the official “confession” of Abbas Palizdar: “[T]he criminal case against the accused, Abbas Palizdar, son of Safar, upon his disclosure of official and secret classified documents concerning security issues and matters of state, and also raising accusations against sources of emulation, the clergy and authorities of the holy regime of the Islamic Republic of Iran, a widespread reflection of these untrue matters in Western, counter revolutionary, and hostile media, the aforementioned person is under active criminal investigation… During the interrogations he has claimed that he was appointed secretary of the investigative committee of the Judiciary by suggestion of Dr. Mohammad Dehghan and confirmed by Mrs. Ajorlou….”
- Germany-based Iranian writer Faraj Sarkouhi says Ahmadinjead fears not getting reelected.
- Kayhan questions Ahmadinejad’s claims that the Americans planned to kidnap him in Iraq and assassinate him in Rome.
Military and Security
- Commander Shabani of the Revolutionary Guards, an expert in Sistan va Baluchestan province, says Jundallah terrorist group leader Rigi is trained and armed by the British forces in Afghanistan.
- Air defense system of Western Tehran activated in response to a flying object.
- Armed Forces Central Command Council chief Firouz-Abadi warns those responsible for rising prices in the market, of intervention of the Basij to enforce price control in the market. Firouz-Abadi also warned the media against contributing to the rise of prices.
- Melli Bank’s deposits in European banks blocked by the European Union.
- Ayatollah Mousavi Ardebili urges people to conserve water.
- Iran launches barcode system.
Religion, Culture, and Society
- Iranians on average read one book every five years.
Human Rights and Labor
- Another bus driver union member arrested.
Photo of the Day