(Thanks to Ali Alfoneh for his compilation. E signifies an English-language link)
- Student associations who had invited Abbas Palizdar to make his “disclosures” about economic corruption now condemn Palizdar’s “sinister schemes.”
- Abrar ties Niyazi’s dismissal from the investigations committee with the Palizdar affair.
- So does E’temad.
- (E) Iran digging 320,000 graves for invaders.
- (E) Gore Vidal bashes United States on Iranian television.
- The Non-Aligned Movement foreign ministers to convene in Tehran.
- Fingerprinting (.pdf) of foreign visitors commences at Imam Khomeini International Airport, and Kish International Airport.
- Fayyaz Zahed discusses the concept of “cultural Iran,” which expands far beyond Iran’s present borders of Iran.
- Iran seeks to mediate Sudan-Chad dispute.
- (E) Iran is not North Korea.
- Parliamentary speaker Larijani calls the 5 1 Group’s incentive package a “mirage,” but stresses that Iran will cooperate with the international community.
- Ahmadinejad appoints eight cabinet ministers are appointed “price controllers.”
- 14 provinces affected by drought.
- Acting Minister of Economy and Finance now says economic growth rate (.pdf) is 6.8 percent.
- Iranian economists discuss inflation, which according to official channels has reached 26 percent.
Human Rights and Labor
- (E) Mansour Osanlou, head of Islamic Republic’s first independent trade union, admitted to coronary care unit after release from prison.
Photo of the Day
- Horse-racing in Tabriz.