[Thanks to Ali Alfoneh for his compilation; (E) signifies English language link]
- (E) Ahmadinejad to talk at UN in order to condemn U.S. control of international organization.
- (E) Iran claims Israelis are fleeing Israel after successful Iranian missile test.
- According to Deutsche Welle’s reports on the latest television interview of Ahmadinejad, Iran will agree to negotiate with the U.S. in the near future.
- Video of Ahmadinejad’s interview.
- In an analysis of Iran’s strategy towards the United States, Tabnak asks if such strategy can be continued if the U.S. changes its strategy towards Iran.
- (E) Burns to talk with Iranians
- According to Tabnak, Samarra in Iraq will soon be opened to Iranian pilgrims.
- Tabnak’s Hojjat al-Esam Rasoul Ja’farian reporting from Jakarta claims Saudi Arabia has bribed a number of Indonesian clergy to withdraw their support to Iran.
- Internal security director of the Interior Ministry travels to Germany as head of a delegation.
- Economist Farshad Mo’meni warns against political unrest in case the inflationary economic reform plans of Ahmadinejad go forward.
- East Azerbaijan provincial governor Me’marzadeh remains in his post.
- Official Islamic Republic of Iran government web site moves to www.dolat.ir , alternatively www.spokesmangov.ir.
- Acting Minister of Interior Mehdi Hashemi says the government suffers most from the work of the saboteurs.
- Lorestan provincial governor Saberi warns against the “stings” of “people of the pen” against the government.
- Raja News discusses the role of the Assembly of Experts.
- Raja News claims the “liberal democrat gang” is attempting to “marginalize the clergy in the hands of other clergymen.”
- Hojjat al-Eslam Seyyed Hossein Mousavi Tabrizi discusses the conflict between Grand Ayatollah Montazeri and Ahmad Khomeini.
- Habibollah Dehmardeh is appointed acting provincial governor of Sistan va Baluchestan province.
Military and Security
- Iran Air Force soon to stage war games.
- According to Raja News, the U.S. Army is building a new base for the Mojahedin-e Khalq Organization near Erbil.
- Malaysian Petronas considers work in the Iranian oil and gas sector, but also stresses that there are some other considerations prohibiting such engagement.
Photo of the Day