[Thanks to Ali Alfoneh for his compilation; (E) designates English link]
- Behzad Ghareh-Yazi explains how Iran became a net importer of grain.
- According to Agah-Sazi News, blackouts in Iranian cities are due to poor government planning.
- (E) German book highlights how to invest in Iran.
Military and Security
- Azad University Dean Jasbi criticizes the composition of the Basij Resistance Force and says if the armed militia is to play a role in the politics of the Islamic Republic, it should allow all Iranians to join.
- The Islamic Republic commemorates the Masad Operation during in which the Revolutionary Guards pushed back the Mojahedin-e Khalgh’s attempt to invade Iran.
- Mizan News’ Farkhondeh says Voice of America Persian’s broadcasts are not impartial and support the “monarchists.”
- (E) NBC to air Ahmadinejad interview on Monday.
- Parliamentarian and economist Khosh-Chehreh says the president attempts to ascribe economic failures to the Supreme Leader.
- Parvin Ahmadinejad, the Iranian president’s sister, wins a car in a bank lottery.
- Commander Mohammad-Bagher Zolghadr, Deputy Armed Forces Chief of Staff presiding over the Basij, says he is opposed to negotiations with the United States.
- Rafsanjani urges the U.S. and the EU not to set a deadline for Iran.
- (E) In English.
- (E) Ahmadinejad: Iran will not bow to enemies
Photo of the Day
- .Remembering martyrs of Iran-Iraq War